There is a thin line between coaching employees and micromanaging the workforce. Several executives on the managerial post fail to understand the difference between consulting and coaching. Primarily, they will simply provide the other person with advice or a solution. We regularly hear comments like, “First you do this” or “Why don’t you do this?” at workplaces. This means managers tend to think they’re coaching when they’re actually telling their employees what to do.
Can coaching help managers?
Workplaces are dynamic, and managers have to work with leaders to cope with the diversified mindsets required to make the workflow effortlessly flawless. Coaching is an essential tool for achieving the business goal. A workplace may have productivity issues that cannot be spotted from the surface. To solve the core issues in an organization, a manager needs to observe and resolve problems through an in-depth perspective that can be developed through coaching.
What skills can managers learn during coach training?
When we’re focusing on coaching for managers, we are talking about skills that can help people with higher responsibilities be better managers, listeners, communicators, leaders, and decision-makers. Here we have listed a few of the key skills that you can learn during coach training:
- Coach training can facilitate managers and leaders to have high emotional intelligence and build empathy.
- Can become active listeners and learn to give constructive feedback “in-the-moment.”
- Become an emphatic leader and goal alignment with personal and professional values.
- Encourage others to arrive at their solutions on their own instead of guiding.
- Ask the right questions to help the coachee reflect upon their own reaction and develop accountability.
- Develop strategized and solution-focused goals.
Contact us to know more about our customized, experiential, and ICF accredited coach training programs designed for managers, leaders, executives, and professionals who want to enhance their coaching skills.
Do you want to write your own success story with managerial training? Talk to us for further assistance, and we will show you how to keep your employees trained and efficient!