A career coach is for professionals who want to transition from one role to another, making a career change. A career coach, particularly one who understands the recruitment process inside and out—can help you understand the game and avoid applying for jobs that do not align with your experience and ethics.
Maybe you’re feeling stuck in a role you no longer enjoy and want to make a career switch. Or you want to take your career to the next level, but something is retaining you. Perhaps you simply want to truly enjoy and love whatever you’re doing and get more job satisfaction. Whatever you seek for your career to start moving, career coaching can help you gain clarity on your career direction and how to get there.
What Does a Certified Career Coach Do?
The International Coaching Federation defines the role of a career coach as a professional who partners with an individual in a creative and thought-provoking that motivates one to maximize his/her professional and personal potential. Career coaching involves helping one to improve leadership skills, solidifying their professional persona for able decision making. That is just one of the many vital aspects of becoming a career coach.
A career coach does not help you choose a suitable job or write resumes. He/she will support you in making your informed choices through thought-provoking interactions that will help you choose the right career path.
Career Coaches make clients recognize and align their career goals and potential through assessment exercises and personalized consultation. The realization of the strong points makes it seamless for the client to achieve success in their choice of profession.
How to Become a Certified Career Coach in Saudi Arabia?
There are various steps involved in becoming a certified career coach. The first, however, is to choose an ICF accredited coach training course. Besides the coach training program, the trainer’s credentials and experience also play an essential role in the training.
- Enroll in an ICF accredited coach training program – An ICF approved career coaching training program comprises coach-specific training, mentor coaching, and assignments.
- Get trained – Based on the ICF Credentialing you’re aiming for, your coach training can be of 20 hours to more than 200 hours. Ensure your coach trainer is an accredited (ICF preferably) coach and experienced enough to give you training.
- Complete your coaching experience hours and assignments – Coaching experience hours are the hours you coached. If you’re not applying for ICF Credentialing, you can skip this step. As a part of ICF coach-specific training, you’re also expected to complete assignments in addition to face-to-face training.
- Undergo Performance Evaluation & Mentor Coaching – In this step, you will be required to undergo at least 10 hours of mentor coaching and complete your Performance Evaluation, which your training institute is generally conducted.
- Apply for ICF Credentialing – Once you complete all the steps, you can apply to ICF for earning your credential, where you will be required to send coaching audio transcripts and Coach Knowledge Assessment.
Do you want to be a certified career coach in Saudi Arabia? Coach Transformation Academy provides ICF accredited career coach certification program in Saudi Arabia and worldwide, both online and classroom. Contact us to know more about the coach training certification process and programs.